Finally dropping some travel-related updates. This is for arriving international passengers at Mactan-Cebu International Airport (MCIA).
Before your scheduled arrival at MCIA, make sure to complete and ensure the following:
UPDATE: All international arriving passengers at Mactan-Cebu International Airport (MCIA) shall observe the applicable arrival protocols in adherence to Executive Order No. 17 issued by the Cebu Provincial Government on March 31, 2021 and the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) Resolution No. 114 issued on May 7, 2021.
Required Online Passenger Registration
• For all types of passengers, complete the online MCIA Passenger Arrival Registration Form via https://mactancebuairport.com/covid-19-registration within five (5) days before your scheduled arrival date at MCIA.
Take note of your Barcode/Travel Reference Number (TRN) sent to your email address upon completion of the form.
Required PCR Test and Accommodation
All arriving Filipino passengers shall be swabbed upon arrival FREE OF CHARGE while permitted foreign nationals shall shoulder the cost of testing at Php901.00.
1. For OFWs, the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) shall shoulder the cost of quarantine facility and swab test upon arrival.
2. For non-OFW Filipinos and foreign nationals, the following required arrangements are shouldered by the passengers:
• For the list of accredited hotels, click here or visit https://bit.ly/MCIAAccreditedHotels.
There are specific quarantine protocols depending on the final destination of the passenger/s.
- For passengers bound for Cebu (Cebu Province, Cebu City, Mandaue City, and Lapu-Lapu City), refer to Executive Order No. 17 and Memorandum issued on May 13, 2021.
- For passengers bound for destinations outside Cebu, refer to IATF Resolution No. 114.
- For arriving foreign nationals, refer to Immigration Advisory dated April 30, 2021.
Step-by-step Arrival Guide
Step 1. Online Registration Complete the online MCIA Passenger Arrival Registration Form via https://mactancebuairport.com/covid-19-registrationwithin five (5) days before your scheduled arrival date at MCIA. Take note of the unique Barcode/Travel Reference Number (TRN) sent to your email address upon completion of the form.
Step 2. In-flight Procedures
Prior to arrival, fill out the following forms distributed by the airline crew while on flight:
• Health Declaration Form
• Immigration Arrival Card
Step 3. Arrival Briefing
Upon arrival, undergo required briefing by the Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ).
Step 4. Validation
Once the briefing is done, proceed to the Validation Counter and present the following:
• Barcode/Travel Reference Number (TRN)
• Boarding Pass
• Health Declaration Form
Keep the printed barcode until the date of your scheduled swab test.
Step 5. Temperature Scan
Proceed to thermal scanning by the BOQ.
Step 6. Immigration Clearance
Proceed to the Immigration counter for clearance. Then, submit Immigration Arrival Card.
Step 7. Proceed to Designated Counters
Proceed to the designated counters at the Arrival Reclaim Hall:
• For OFWs: OWWA Counter for hotel accommodation assignment
• For non-OFW Filipinos and foreign nationals: Cashier counter for payment of swab test (PHP and Visa card are accepted. For other currencies, proceed to the foreign exchange counter at the arrivals area.)
Step 8. Swab testing. All passengers shall be swabbed upon arrival by the Department of Health (DOH) Region 7.
Step 9. Claim Luggage
Proceed to assigned reclaim belt to claim baggage.
Step 10. Waiting Area
Proceed to the designated waiting area and wait for a representative from the respective agencies for Customs clearance:
• OWWA for OFWs
• Accredited hotel representatives for returning non-OFW Filipinos and foreign nationals
Step 11. Customs Clearance
Proceed to Customs counter for clearance.
Step 12. Quarantine Facility Transfer
Proceed to your designated vehicle with your respective agency representative for hotel or quarantine accommodation drop-off.
Step 13. Releasing of Test Results
Test results of the swab test performed upon arrival are released within 24-48 hours via the email address provided in the online registration form. For specific protocols on testing and releasing of results:
- For Cebu-bound passengers: refer to Executive Order No. 17 and Memorandum issued on May 13, 2021.
- For non-Cebu bound passengers: refer to IATF Resolution No. 114
If swab test result is positive, BOQ will coordinate with the passenger for specific instructions. The passenger must comply with the mandated health, safety, and treatment protocols of the DOH and BOQ.
If swab test result is negative, the passenger will receive the test result via email from the BOQ.
For inquiries on test result, please contact the Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ) via email@example.com or call (032) 494-7000 local 7688 to 7690.
Step 14. Homebound
If the swab test result is negative, coordinate with your LGU for further instructions on transport and completion of the remainder of the 14-day quarantine. You may coordinate with your LGUs for pick up or arrange your own transportation depending on the instructions of your LGU.
Pre-payment of swab test is encouraged to facilitate
a smooth process upon arrival. To pre-pay for the swab testing, follow the steps:
1. After completing your online registration and once you receive your barcode/TRN, pay at least 48 hours before your scheduled arrival date. The following are the available payment methods:
• Bank Transfer or Direct Deposits
Indicate the passenger’s full name and arrival date in the details/notes section
• United Coconut Planters Bank (UCPB) – SM City Cebu Branch
Account Name: PRIME CARE CEBU
Account Number: 00-318-1044-220
Swift Code: UCPBPHMM
• Money Remittance Centers
Palawan, Cebuana Lhuillier, M Lhuillier, LBC, Western Union, etc.
Payee: Janna Ragas
• Other Methods
Prime Care Medical Clinic located at APM Mall, across SM City Cebu, North
Reclamation Area, Cebu City
2. Once payment is done, fill out the Prime Care Prepayment Form via bit.ly/PrimeCarePrepayment. Present the prepayment confirmation at the Cashier Counter upon arrival. Cash and credit card are also accepted to process payment.
Passengers are strongly advised to continuously monitor the status of their flights and ensure that
they have the necessary documents in compliance with the regulations of the local government of
their point of origin and place of destination.
Stay safe, explorers!
• UPDATED Travel Requirements for Domestic Passengers Arriving at Mactan-Cebu International Airport (MCIA)
• Travel Requirements for LSIs and Private APORs Arriving from Manila and Residing in Cebu City
• Entry Restrictions for Passengers from Countries with NEW Corona Virus Variant
• Mactan-Cebu International Airport Implements TRAZE Contact Tracing App
• Cebu Province Now Open to Tourists