In compliance with the regulations of the Provincial Government of Cebu and the Local Government of Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City, and Mandaue City, all arriving domestic passengers are advised to adhere to the following guidelines upon check-in at their port of origin and upon arrival at Mactan-Cebu International Airport (MCIA).
Updated Required Documents/Requirements:
|OVERSEAS FILIPINO WORKERS (OFWs) / RETURNING OVERSEAS FILIPINOS (ROFs)||1. Quarantine Certificate issued by DOH-BOQ stating completion of 14-day quarantine and negative PCR swab test result|
2. Valid ID
3. For ROFs arriving from MANILA and RESIDENTS OF CEBU CITY:
• Undergo mandatory RT-PCR swab test in Cebu City cluster clinics upon arrival, if the validity of the RT-PCR swab test result is more than three (3) days from date of release
• Undergo mandatory 14-day home quarantine upon arrival in Cebu City
OFWs are urged to register their information in the OFW Assistance Information System (OASIS) at oasis.owwa.gov.ph
|LOCALLY STRANDED INDIVIDUALS (LSIs)||1. Travel Authority issued by PNP JTF COVID Shield|
2. Medical Clearance Certificate issued by the City/Municipal Health Office where the LSI was stranded
3. Valid ID
4. Letter of Confirmation from LGU of residence under Cebu Province
5. Arriving from MANILA and RESIDENTS OF CEBU CITY:
• Letter of Coordination issued by the Barangay of Residence in Cebu City.
• Upon arrival, mandatory swab testing at cluster clinic
• Undergo mandatory 14-day quarantine
|AUTHORIZED PERSONS OUTSIDE OF RESIDENCE (APORs)||For list of APORs, visit http://bit.ly/PNPAPORsList |
1. Company ID/Proof of profession or business
2. Certificate of Employment/Proof of profession or business (except for uniformed public APORs)
3. Medical Clearance Certificate
4. Valid ID
5. Proof of intent to visit, if applicable (Leisure travel not allowed)
6. Certification from the Cebu Provincial Government if destination is one of the component cities or municipalities
7. Arriving from MANILA and STAYING AT/RESIDENTS OF CEBU CITY:
• Long-term Private APORs (individuals in the private sector staying in Cebu City for more than 14 days)
– Letter of Coordination from the Barangay of Residence in Cebu City
– Travel Clearance from the Office of the Mayor
– Upon arrival, mandatory swab testing at cluster clinics
– Undergo mandatory 14-day quarantine
• Short-term Private APORs (individuals in the private sector staying in Cebu City for less than 14 days)
– Travel Clearance from the Office of the Mayor
– Swab test result taken three (3) days prior to departure to Cebu City
– Return flight ticket
• Public APORs (individuals in the government sector)
– Mission or Travel Order signed by the head of the agency
|PERSONS TRAVELLING FOR MEDICAL REASONS||1. Certificate from LGU of residence|
2. Medical Certificate Clearance from LGU of residence
3. Certification from the Cebu Provincial Government
|PERSONS PROHIBITED TO TRAVEL||1. For leisure purposes|
2. Below 21 years old*
3. 60 years old and above*
4. Pregnant women*
5. Individuals with immunodeficiency, comorbidities or health risks*
*Except under permitted circumstances
Updated Travel Guidelines:
- Passengers MUST wear FACE MASKS and FACE SHIELDS within airport premises and onboard the aircraft.
- Passengers with incomplete documents will NOT be allowed to check-in and/or board the aircraft.
- Certifications from the Provincial Government of Cebu may be requested via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Passengers travelling to Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City, or Mandaue City may get in touch with their respective city governments for other specific requirements:
- Cebu City (travel clearance) – email@example.com
- Passengers classified as LSIs and private APORs can request the Letter of Coordination from their respective Barangays of Residence in Cebu City via this linked directory: http://www.tinyurl.com/lsicebu
- Passengers seeking assistance upon arrival may approach the government’s Information and Assistance Desk located at the Airport Village. The assistance desk will be manned 24/7 by representatives or personnel from the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) Region 7, and other local government units.
Passengers are strongly advised to continuously monitor the status of their flights and to ensure that they have the necessary documents in compliance with the regulations and guidelines of the LGU of their point of origin and destination.
If you have questions or need any clarification, feel free to leave a comment or message via e-mail. If you like this article and want to see or know more about my other trips and tips, follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Stay safe and observe proper health protocols!